You have no items in your shopping cart.
UK Festivals: The Highlights!
Thursday, 29 March 2018 15:33:13 Europe/London
Many festivals have been announced for this year, with some of our favourite artists making guest appearances. Some of these artists haven’t toured in many years, and that is getting us excited! So, get out your tents and welly boots, and join us for the best festivals here in the UK this summer!
1) Isle of Wight Festival
- June 21st – June 24th
- Across the four days, you can expect to see Kasabian, Depeche Mode, Liam Gallagher, James Bar and the Killers.
- This festival is ideal for families and has been voted “Family Festival of the Year” in two consecutive years. For someone who wants a more relaxed festival vibe, this is the ideal one for you! You won’t have to worry about scary mosh pits at this one!
2) Reading/Leeds Festival
- August 24th – August 26th
- Highlights include Fall Out Boy, Panic! At the Disco, Kings of Leon, The Courteeners and the Kooks.
- This is a great all-rounder, with a range of genres. These festivals have been the nation's favourite for decades, due to there huge crowd turnout, and iconic bands hitting the stage. If you cannot attend (tickets do sell out fast), you can watch the festival from the comfort of your house. Wear your band t-shirts around the house, drink a hot chocolate and have a dance around your lounge room!
3) TRNSMT Festival
- June 29th – July 8th
- This week-long festival has HUGE appearances taking the stage: Arctic Monkeys, Queen (with Adam Lambert), The Killers, Liam Gallagher, Franz Ferdinand and Stereophonics.
- This festival was introduced to replace ‘T in the Park’. TRNSMT is taking place in Glasgow and is hoping to begin a legacy for rock and alternative music in Scotland. We are very excited for this one. We cannot wait to see the Arctic Monkeys!
4) Download Festival
- June 8th – June 10th
- Featuring Ozzy Osbourne, Guns N Roses, Avenged Sevenfold, Marilyn Manson, Bullet for my Valentine and Rise Against.
- Taking place in sunny Derbyshire (the “spiritual home of rock”, this is the best festival to attend if you are a fan of rock and metal music. Some iconic artists are hitting the stage, some of which haven’t toured in many years. If you love moshing and head-banging, plus the typical muddy festival vibe, this is the one you MUST attend!
5) BBC Music’s The Biggest Weekend Festival
- May 25th – May 28th (depending on location).
- Line-up includes Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift, the Gallaghers, Snow Patrol, Niall Horan and Wolf Alice.
- This festival is PERFECT for those who can’t afford the £££ price tag on weekend festivals. With tickets only costing £18 for the day, it is ideal for young teenagers who are saving up pocket money! The line-up keeps expanding, which is very exciting. It is expected that this festival will be the biggest that the BBC have EVER conducted!
Blog by Kate Woodbridge.